Deep Dish Lemon Blueberry Pie
This is our absolute new favorite deep dish pie. These two tart tastes come together for a mouthwatering and unforgettable flavor. Take it with you to your summer picnic, next pitch-in or brunch! The directions may seem long and daunting – but we’ve broken it down from the original recipe to make each step more clear and concise. It’s very important to follow steps exactly. Let us know how you like it!
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Unroll and place 1 pie crust into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the pan and against the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- Now decrease the mixer speed to low.
- Beat in egg, blending just until smooth.
- Now add the lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Beat until smooth.
- Now pour this mixture into the crust-lined pan.
- Toss the blueberries with 1/4 cup of sugar and the flour.
- Spoon this mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Now top with second crust.
- Trim excess crust and pinch crusts to seal. Turn crust under, and flute.
- Cut slits in several places on top crust.
- Brush the top crust with milk.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Place a cookie sheet on oven rack below the middle rack to catch any spillover pie filling.
- Now place pie on the middle oven rack.
- Bake pie for 45 to 50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let cool for 1 hour.
- Now place in refrigerator and let chill for about 4 hours or until pie is completely chilled before serving.
Remember to cover and refrigerate any remaining pie!
*This recipe originally found here.